Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"Get On Up" - My dad's (James Brown) movie

Well, my dad's movie has premiered to great reviews; it opens wide August 1st, 2014. Unfortunately, right now there aren't any circumstances that will allow me to view it, but it is very cool seeing the commercials and hearing Mick Jagger (the producer) commenting about it in the media.

I would love to hear what all of you have to say about it, so I encourage you to go out and see it and mail me your thoughts @ Michael Deon Brown #P69851, Folsom State Prison, PO Box 715071, FM-4-03, Represa, CA  95671. Also, I have people checking my FB and if you DM me, they can pass on your thoughts/comments.

Although my dad did not fit the stereotypical American dad, he was a brilliant talented, charismatic, genius and a great inspiration; however, I doubt that my existence was acknowledged in the movie. There may be an exception because even though it reflects badly on him, my mother's paternity suit is a matter of public record: sued in Sacramento in 1969 and Mary Florence Brown was awarded child support for me until age of 18. In 1983, after failing to meet his child support obligation for over 15 months, he was arrested, but the order was upheld and he was ordered to pay back support.

Even though we had little contact, I still urge you to "Get On Up" and again experience the joy, music and exuberance of my dad, James Brown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home