Saturday, June 22, 2013

My son, Eliase

My son has started to lighten up on me and I am so happy about that. I am ashamed to admit that I haven't spoken to my only son,  Michael Eliase Brown, in 7 years.  Here's the deal: I said some very cruel things to him and it was my own self-hatred I was spewing and it was in no way a reflection of him, but rather, a very poor reflection of me and my lack of self-esteem. I love my son and I want to finally show him that.  Thank God he has matured to a man.

Unfortunately, he has some run-ins with the law but he isn't dumb like I was at his age and I am confident that he won't follow in my foot-steps. I wish to be a good father now and following my release, I plan to be a real father, brother and friend - to be there for him as I cannot now.

His mom also deserves a lot of praise for raising him; the woman has backbone and I can never say anything ill of her. I failed both my son and his mother and she has proven herself and reminds me of my own mother. I don't expect my ex-wife, the mother of my son to forgive me, but regardless, I will always admire her strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home