Friday, June 28, 2013

Dad

"Being the son of the Godfather of Soul" has garnered me a lot of attention - curried me a lot of favor and has been a lot of fun. That being said, it has been dysfunctional, crazy and sad. Unfortunately, James Brown was never really good to me but I cannot judge him because I did the same thing.  Regardless of the detractions, my dad was truly "soul brotha #1". His imprint on the black community will never fade; his presence and impact deserve honor. For the most part,  I have always defined myself as "James Brown's son" but I didn't truly find myself until October of 2011 when my grandfather, Mr. Cubbie Wilson (see the post "Big Daddy") passed away. I had known for a long time that I needed to step up, but now that "Big Daddy" was gone, it was really my time to shine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home