Saturday, June 22, 2013

Big Daddy

My beloved grandfather, Cubbie Wilson, died October 26th, 2011 and my life changed that day; I had to mature. I think my life reached a moment of stasis following that crisis: my hair even grew back after 4 years of baldness. It feels like I am finally ascending out of the chaos; I feel like I finally know what it means to be a man.

Big Daddy along with my stepfather, Garvin, have set a perfect example for me; they are real black men: no drugs, no womanizing and  they love family, God and country. The women on my mom's side of the family pick really decent, solid men. My baby sister, Rissa, has followed suit and picked an extraordinary man, Will, with which to share her life.

To sum it up: I'll be home soon and I plan to live like my hero, Cubbie Wilson lived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home